By Molly Hall
“Jupiter’s time in Libra brings back high romance, with big over-the-top shows of love. Jupiter returns to Libra on September 9th and goes neatly through this cardinal sign to October 10th, 2017. We can see a heightened emphases on love and making a big deal out of it.
Is your Jupiter in Libra? Then it’s your “Luckiest Year,” a.k.a. the Jupiter Return. I put that in quotes on purpose, because it’s not always the usual kind of luck, but is often subtle.
It’s also a boost for Air Signs (Libra, Gemini and Aquarius) and give a push to cardinal energies. This bodes well for prose and romantic poetry, as well as rom coms to make a come back. This is a year to pair up, in love or business.
Past Jupiter in Libra Transits
- The Peace Moratorium — In October of 1969, millions came to Washington to protest the Vietnam War, in the largest ever gathering of its kind. There were also candle light vigils and protests across the country.
- The Taylor-Burton Diamond (1969) — Richard Burton bought his love Elizabeth Taylor a 68-carat diamond, which was later on display at Cartier’s Jewelers in New York city.
- Love Beads and Love-Ins — The hair style went long and straight at the end of the 1960s, a very Venusian, natural look. Hand-made “love beads” were made into necklaces and worn. Libra John Lennon staged his Bed-In for peace, and Make Love, Not War was the meme.
- Prince Charles and Diana — (1981) They were engaged in February, and married on July 23rd, in a royal wedding broadcast around the world.
- The Facebook Launched (2004) — With the stated goal of expanding social networks, this synced with a Jupiter in Libra year, and everybody started collecting “friends.”
Will we see a return to elegance in fashion? Libra is Venus ruled, and associated with fine things, like silks and satin. We could see styles that are softer, that suggest rather than reveal.
I wonder if bouncy, romantic curls will make a come-back. And the sophisticated updo. Less is more with Libra, for more classic looks, perhaps borrowed from the past.
Us and Them
Libra is a sign of social conscience and idealism. And Jupiter shows us the way to grow beyond false divisions that keep us in a state of conflict. There could be breakthroughs to higher perspectives, beyond the noise and negativity we see running through social discourse today.
Look for a courageous, clear-thinker to emerge — and to prove that ideas and awakened minds lead us to a bright future. We can see words that clear the air, illuminate or provoke.
Libra is an Air Sign and an initiating (cardinal) force, for ideas that have the power to make a big impact. We’ll see the re-framing of things, that changes everything, and opens the way to real harmony. There could be a re-balancing of the narrative, that brings it in line with what’s fair and true. This could restore faith, another promise of Jupiter. ”
Mark Shaw via Vanity Fair