Venus, our planet of love, pleasure and beauty, moves from breezy Gemini into the sentimental waters of Cancer. Venus in Cancer will be a nostalgic time for us. Sincerity, sensuality and sensitivity are all aphrodisiacs during this cycle as we focus on the deeper emotional connections between our partners, friends and family.
Possibilities for Venus in Cancer
- Giving the gift of your undivided attention.
- Looking at any issues of dependency, as a way of keeping someone with you forever.
- Irrational moods (being Moonstruck), temporarily losing all objectivity, throwing tantrums to get needs met.
- Self-expression that reaches into the emotional roots.
- Being comforted by large bodies of water; lakes, rivers, seas.
- Creating a cozy, intimate atmosphere where our loved ones feel welcome.
If your born with Venus in Cancer, you are the most intuitive of lovers. This can be flattering to many, and cause for concern for others! You observe your partner very closely, and the love you offer holds the rare quality of cherishing. -Anne Heese
It will certainly be easier to tune into feelings and needs — our own and others, but we must be careful to not smother those closest to us by being clingy or over-protective.
Being abrasive or bold can also make the object of your desire retreat back into their shell. Thoughtful gestures, lingering gazes and nurturing ways are better routes to lead you to that golden ticket. ‾ ‿ ⁀
Happy Venus Return, Cancer! xx ♡
Art by Christian Riese Lassen